Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Don't Understand

I don't understand hate
Why we let it control us
I don't understand why we hate the color of skin
When it's just skin
It's just a color
It doesn't define us
Unless we let it

I don't understand why we hate others for their religion
What others believe is not our business 
It doesn't make them bad
Unless some of them use it for hate
It's some of the people in it, not the religion

I don't understand why we judge a group of people
Instead of judging a person for their own behaviors
No one group of people is better than the other
No one group is worse than the other

I don't understand why we judge others for who they love
Does it really matter?
Does it really effect us?

I don't understand why we fight hate with violence
You can't beat hate with hate and more violence
All it does is create more hate
More violence
With innocent people getting hurt and killed
It's not the way to do things

I don't understand why we try to shut people up
Just because we don't like what is being said
It's called freedom of speech
Even if it's wrong
Even if we don't like it
Everyone has their right
To stand up and say what they want peacefully

I don't understand why we use violence in protest
It solves nothing
Only innocent get hurt

I don't understand how attacking others and property
Is supposed to solve anything
It doesn't

If we are not careful
We will have another civil war
And for what?
To prove who is better?
To try and stop the other?

I don't understand why we are full of hate
Full of anger
So ready to be violent towards one another
We can be be better than this
We ARE better than this
Hate is taught
So lets teach love, respect, understanding and compassion instead
OH MY GOD JUST STOP ALREADY
HATE AND VIOLENCE DOESN'T STOP ANYTHING
IT CREATES MORE CHAOS
MORE BLOODSHED
IT'S UNNECESSARY
It is fucking scary
I just don't understand

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are One

We are all humans On a big rock Floating in space With invisible borders That only we created We may all look different Sound different Act ...